With the new Community Edition of System Frontier, you can now start building secure PowerShell tools and reducing admin rights for free. Even better, it’s not just limited to PowerShell. Custom Tools are dynamically built web based tools that are powered by your command-line scripts – in any scripting language. The tools run on a Windows host, but can target any platform or endpoint.
More skills with less code.
You write the scripts and System Frontier provides provides the following benefits, without HTML or additional code:
- Dynamically built web interfaces
- Custom fields for capturing user input
- REST API
- RBAC (granular role based access control)
- Secure credentials (no more plain-text passwords in scripts)
- Audit trail
- Easy to use interface
You can customize the web interfaces for your scripts even further by adding some HTML, but it’s not required. You can also make custom fields more dynamic by adding additional code for them too. It uses a very simple object model with the intent of not bogging you down with yet another framework or library to learn.
Community Edition is absolutely free for up to 5,000 nodes. A node is anything you manage, so you can manage any kind of object, as long as the total doesn’t exceed 5,000. It includes 50 delegated admins (people who run or create tools) and 5 custom tools. Built-in tools for managing services, processes, IIS and more are not included in this edition. You’ll need Pro or Enterprise for those features or if you need more users or tools.
To get started:
- Go to the Community Edition page and click on the FREE Download link.
- Using your business email address, activate your account.
- Download and install using the trial key that was emailed to you.
- Your free license will be sent after your account has been verified.
- Help us build a community around System Frontier by being active in the forums.
What will you build?
Server and workstation management. Active Directory and Office 365. Cloud and on-premises. Give your help desk and other team members secure web tools without admin rights.