- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- The free Express editions are also supported.
- Case-insensitive collation
- User running the install must have sysadmin rights on the database server.
- Double-click the setup file.
- Click Yes to the User Account Control prompt as the installation routine will need elevated privileges.
- Click Next.
- Read and accept the License Agreement and click Next.
- Under Database Server Name put the hostname or FQDN of the database server.
- If you using an instance other than the default instance, specify “server name\instance name” here.
- Click Next. The installer will automatically test the database connection before proceeding.
- Under IIS Application Pool Identity put in the low privilege domain account that the IIS application pool will run under. This account will be used for the database connection and will be granted appropriate rights to the database, once created.
- Click Next.
- If a user other than you needs admin rights to System Frontier initially after the installation is complete, specify their username here under the Additional Administrator
Click Install to complete the installation.
There is a known issue with the installer where it may fail if the account is already a login in SQL Server. Using a new service account usually yields better results. While logged in as the user running the database installer, you can go to the %temp% folder and look for recent log files that start with “SFDB”. You will see the actual error details if you encounter any.